Thursday, June 24, 2010

What are you putting up with?

I made a quick list the other day of all my torelations (as suggested by Blanchard in their book: Leverage your best, Ditch the Rest). Without really trying I came up with twelve of these energy drainers. With a little more thought I soon had twenty five. Twenty little things that I have not done anything about, that make me groan every time I have to put up with them. On my list were things like (1) Fix the knobs on the entertainment center (2) Hang the picture that fell (3) Take my clothes to the dry-cleaners (after honestly - months) (4) Get rid of bikes that we don't use (5) Unsubscribe to the 2001 things that I don't care about (6) Put screens back on the windows ...
After I had identified clearly what it would take (maybe needing help or paying someone) I am removing these energy drains and getting my energy back! I have set dates for when they need to be done by so as to avoid getting into the same trap.
After I am done with this list, will I be done? Oh if only life were that easy. The point is we accumulate until the tolerations become a distraction, so avoid getting to that and keep a rolling list and keep knocking them off. I'll keep you posted on how I am doing with my list .. Good luck with yours.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, and can I ever relate to those "tolerations". Was happy that I didn't find my name on that list at least ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this one. I just watched a DVD by Jack Canfield and he calls tolerants "Irritants." One point I learned from you and Jack is that if you sit on your 'tolerants or irritants', you become a procrastinator and never move forward. These monsters get to have their way with you. I am working on mine including cleaning my garage.
    I needed the re-enforcement. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reading my blog and I have received such great feedback on the piece. Catherine, I hope you get to making that list and start knocking that stuff off,it feels so good. Yesterday I put in a nail that had been falling out every-time I hung up the broom in the broom closet. Silly? No, now it's done and it took me a minute!

    ReplyDelete