Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do I do now?

We are in the process of registering and getting our children ready for their new school and the first day of kindergarten. Yeah! Right? What pains me right now is not the fact that my kids are going to be leaving the house (all be it for 6 hours) rather the big changes that are happening in our school district. I hardly know anything about the school and have only met some of the teachers once or twice, and yet already I can tell the quality, care and love of the professionals in that school. With all the budget cuts, half of the teachers I have met will not be there when school starts. WoW. I read an article about how the county was going to help with resume writing and re-skilling. Great, but not going to work for most people. This can be said of many industries that are feeling the downturn and letting go of some of their best people.
What will it take to survive in this new environment? What skills, what job, what future is waiting for all those individuals that are now unemployed, and some for the first time in their working lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment